So far Zoe and I are doing really well. We have had our share of setbacks and scares, but today bas proven to be the best so far. This is day number 6 of my hospital stay. It has been quite a ride with uphill battles and flowing moments. I am so thankful for the excellent care I am receiving. The nurses are so sweet and sympathetic to my situation. They go out of their way to make me comfortable and happy. My new doctor is compassionate and very proactive in my treatment. I love that they all talk about Zoe by her name.
When we first arrived at St. Joseph's, both B and I were pretty unhappy. I was wheeled into the room and immediately went into a bad place. Two beds... Two beds. I looked at B and said I cannot go through this having to share a room with anyone. Remember I am in labor and delivery and most are here to have their babies as expected. B immediately began to ask that our room remain private for both my mental state and to keep me calm for Zoe. Everyone understands and to this point it has been my room only.
B stays the night with me on the weekends and visits every weekday evening. He has been so amazing and strong though this. I know it is not easy for him to sit helplessly by, but he keeps my spirits up. I have had other visitors and lots of goodies brought to me, all of which is greatly appreciated. Pretty much I have set up camp here, knitting supplies, movies, magazines, books, crossword puzzles and all that fun stuff.
My first few nights were really rough, sleep was not easy. I am sure it was mostly due to fear, anxiety, and pain. Now that things seem to be under better control, sleep is getting easier, granted they do have me on a slew of drugs. Last night was my first real deep sleep, it was wonderful. In fact I have been in and out of sleep all day. The type of sleep where you pass out while changing the tv channel. Everything has caught up with me, so the quiet solitude has been welcomed today.
I have quite a regimine here. Several types of pills and IVs administered through out the day and night. My belly is strapped up to their computer every four hours (yes, even through the night) to monitor contractions and Zoe's heart rate. The steroids have done wonders for Zoe. Her monitoring have shown a strong little girl, our little fighter.
Our minimum goal is to make it five weeks, however I am going go do my best last as long as I can. Even if it means I live here until mid July, it is worth it. I feel more comfortable here knowing that help is immediately right here. Stick around sweet Zoe, we have some growing go do!
Today is our anniversary! Not the way we prefer to spend our special day, but B is bringing me a steak dinner from a fancy schmancy restaurant tonight. I look forward to this treat. Love you babe. Thank you for being so strong when I am so weak. I could not get through this without you. Thank you for holding my hand, wiping my tears, rubbing my back, and patiently helping me shower every evening... even shaving my legs. I love you. Zoe is so lucky to have you for her father.
Thank you to everyone reaching out to us. We feel so loved.
Now I am going to drift off into another nap...
Happy Aniversary! Brian thank you for taking such great care of my baby.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! I love so many things about this post, I'm so happy that you are getting such great care from everyone, including B! Zoe is an amazing fighter as are you, you both are doing great, keep up the great work, Mama! Big hugs to all of you.
ReplyDeleteYour are so strong, Jenn, and Zoe is so fortunate to have you and B as her parents. Happy anniversary! I'm glad you're in good hands at the new hospital and I pray you have a long and uneventful stay until sweet Zoe's arrival in mid July! Big hugs, and keep up the good work. You are amazing!
ReplyDeleteYou sound like you're in a good place, both physically and mentally. I am thinking about you constantly.
ReplyDeleteThinking of yall! Happy Anniversary! <3
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! Sending love and hugs.
ReplyDelete-Misty