Finding courage and hope to mend half a heart

Zoe was born on July 4, 2011 with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. This is our journey to find courage and hope to mend our daughter's half of a heart.

Wednesday, August 24

Home? Did I hear you correctly?

I am so sorry for not updating everyone lately.  Once we moved to the acute care life was hectic.  We are fully hands on parents and have been working hard on getting Zoe to eat so we didn't have to go through G-tube surgery.  I have lots to say, but most importantly...


WE ARE GOING HOME!!!!!!


Zoe rocked her feeding the past two days and they pulled her NG tube. She is to be discharged tomorrow as long as she continues her feeds and passes her carseat tolerance test. Brian and I are overwhelmed and thrilled. We are not quite prepared but if we can make it through this first heart surgery we can manage anything. 7 weeks and 4 days we are finally headed home with our baby girl.


Thank you everyone for all of the love and support through Zoe's first heart mending journey.  Zoe is one special and loved little girl. 


(update will be coming as soon as we are settled and I will let you all know what was and is going on with her)

13 comments:

  1. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    This is wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most amazing news ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOO!!! This is absolute wonderful news. Brought total tears to my eyes! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tremendous! Stupendous! I'm so happy for all of you. What a strong little girl Zoe is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayer works! Awesome news, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful!! Enjoy being home with your adorable baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Wonderful News! Zoe is such a beautiful, cute sweet heart. She is a courageous, strong and determined fighter. She is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is great news, so glad Zoe is going home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that everything is going well at home!

    ReplyDelete