Finding courage and hope to mend half a heart

Zoe was born on July 4, 2011 with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. This is our journey to find courage and hope to mend our daughter's half of a heart.

Monday, June 20

34 Weeks! 54 Hospital Days and HOME!

Today we are 34 weeks pregnant!  Who would have thought we'd have made it this far seven weeks ago?  Everyone had their doubts and look at us now!  Today is the 54th day in the hospital but I am going home this afternoon.  I will still be on bed rest with home monitoring and contraction meds, but that is cake!

I AM GOING HOME!

Brian took the rest of the day off to come get me.  We are going to grab a late lunch outside, away from the hospital, like normal people!  What a happy day!  I cannot wait to see Luna, breath fresh air, eat home cooked meals, use my own shower, sleep in our bed.  It is these simple things that I long for.

I am going to miss my nurses though.  They have all been so wonderful to us.  One in particular has become a very close friend and without her support this would have been so much more difficult.  Thank you, D, for everything.  You are truly special in so many ways.

Zoe is doing fantastic!  Her NST's are perfect and she has been behaving so well these past few weeks.  Today we had a full OB ultrasound and here are the results:

5lbs 4oz with potential of being 6lbs!
4.3 cervix - great news as I am not so bed strict lately
Amnio fluid is at a low normal, no changes there
Bio was 8/8
Measuring 35 weeks and 3 days all together!  Go Zoe!

My favorite ultrasound tech gave me a sneak peek at Zoe's face, well what we could see (Zoe is very stubborn).  She has such adorable pouty lips and some cute chubby cheeks.  We cannot wait to see what she looks like.

Good news all around :)

I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME!I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME!I AM GOING HOME!  I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! I AM GOING HOME! HOME! HOME!

6 comments:

  1. I have been stalking your blog all weekend hoping for this amazing update!!! YAY for going home! Zoe is doing amazing...you did a great job mama! Enjoy your meal out, your own bed, playing in the nursery, and all the other comforts of home. Sending positive vibes your way that you get to relax there for another few weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Great update! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news!! I'm so happy Zoe is doing so well and that you're going HOME! Keep up the great work, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. COngrats! Enjoy those showers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you get to go home and that you're doing well. <3 <3 Misty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy that you are home, that must feel so great! Sending all kinds of positive vibes your way, you and Zoe both are doing fantastic, keep the great updates coming!

    ReplyDelete