Finding courage and hope to mend half a heart

Zoe was born on July 4, 2011 with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. This is our journey to find courage and hope to mend our daughter's half of a heart.

Tuesday, June 14

33 weeks, 7 Weeks, and Baby Book

Today is 33 weeks and 1 Day!

And for the update...

NST perfect!
Bio 8/8 perfect!
Cervix 4.5 - Never in this entire pregnancy have I ever been that great!
Amnio fluid 9.9!

Yesterday I had a hasty tech and she didn't measure me properly.  We had a result of 4.5 for amnio fluids. I knew it was wrong when I was being wheeled up.  The on call doctor wanted to test for leaking, which I said it would be negative and it was.  This afternoon I went for a recheck on my fluids and (neener, neener) I was right.  Nothing is going to hinder me from going home.  

Speaking of going home, I am standing on firm ground come Monday when my doctor returns from his vacation. I was supposed to go home this week, but he wouldn't let any other doctor release me.  I am really not too happy sitting here another week while someone is out to play.  Yes, I realize everyone is entitled to time off, but there was no good reason to make me stay this much longer.  (Tomorrow marks 7 weeks - this is the brink of insanity.)  Even all the nurses cannot understand why I am still here.  Prepare for battle!

On another note...

B and I picked out Zoe's baby book!  It is just adorable and modern, absolutely perfect!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn- I just read your entire blog for the first time. I had no idea you were going through all of this. I'm so sorry to hear about Dylan, but Zoe is an amazing fighter and I'm so happy to hear that things are going so well with her. Hang in there just a few more days until you can get home to your own bed and to Luna! I'm thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely thrilled that things are going so well! You are doing great! I will keep my fingers crossed that you get to go home on Monday! Remember to relax while you are there! Take your time getting things done...a little at a time goes a long way! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete