Today is a great day! I have a huge smile plastered on my face. Zoe is such a rockstar!
Awesome things that have happened since yesterday afternoon:
- Zoe did a 2.45 hour sprint from 8:40pm to 11:10pm last night. She slept through the whole thing! B & I hunkered down on the parents couch/bed and watched Taken and Planet Of The Apes keeping an eye on her. What a great way to wind down a long day
- Left tube was taken out yesterday (worth repeating)
- Lasix was taken off infusion and now given intermittently!
- Right Picc line was removed today! I am just beyond thrilled about this. Everyday I ask when it would be pulled and damn I missed it! This Picc has been in since they day she was born and I was so worried about infection. Yea for Picc removal!!!!
- X-ray looked much better!
- Chyle has left the party!
- PEEP was lowered from 8 to 6 this afternoon and she is tolerating it very well!!!
- Zoe did another 2.5 hours sprint this morning and did fantastic!
- Drum roll.... the right chest tube was just removed! Woohooo! I stood there and watched it. Wow, that was really in there, it was about as long as my hand. Zoe tolerated it very well but they did give her hydromorphone.
What is next? Zoe will be tackling her first 3 hour sprint around 3pm today. You can do it Zoe! After talking to our RT today, he said if she continues like this they will lower her Peep to 4 tomorrow and continue with 3 hour sprints. We can cross our fingers for extubation within a day or two! I am going to shoot for Monday.
Now you can see why momma has a big grin today!
Now you can see why momma has a big grin today!
| Look mom! No chest tubes and my right Picc is gone! |
Awesome news! Go Zoe!
ReplyDeleteThat is such great news!! She truely is an amazing little girl!
ReplyDeleteYay Zoe! What a strong little girl.
ReplyDeleteThis whole post is amazing. So happy for you guys and baby Zoe. Keep these positive updates coming!
ReplyDeleteGo Zoe! Go Zoe!
ReplyDeleteI didn't get to see my son's chest tubes pulled, but I was there when they pulled his PICC. I knew where it went (up his arm across his chest, etc. you know too by now) but it was still very shocking to see just how long that little tube was, how far into my baby. Best of luck with the continued sprints and pressure reductions. Hang in there, sometimes it just takes a little while for their little bodies to get used to the new new and start firing right. And as one doctor was fond of telling me, 'they run on their own schedule, not ours.' Yeah, still hard to accept sometimes though. Go Zoe! Go Mommy & Daddy!
Such a wonderful update! Good job, Zoe!!
ReplyDelete