Finding courage and hope to mend half a heart

Zoe was born on July 4, 2011 with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. This is our journey to find courage and hope to mend our daughter's half of a heart.

Sunday, November 28

Things Are Looking Good!

So far everything is looking great. My hcg betas are more then doubling every two days. They look for a doubling time with in 48 to 72 hours.

Beta report
11/23 309
11/25 882 - doubling time of 31.7 hours
11/27 2095 - doubling time of 38.5 hours

Here is proof of my stick obsessions, and there are others that followed these. I just love seeing the dark line progress.



Tuesday is the viability ultrasound. At this time we will only be able to see the sack or sacks should there be twins. I am excited and nervous at the same time.

Dr. A will continue to be my OB through twelve weeks and then I will be released to my high risk OB. I am thrilled and so lucky to have weekly appointments through the entire first trimester. Each appointment will be blood work and an ultrasound. We can make ultrasound DVDs at eight weeks. How exciting! I am just beyond relieved knowing that we can check on little one(s) progress since our loss haunts me.

My personal care pretty much remains the same. A lot of rest, eat healthy, and no exercise. The lack of exercise is pretty difficult. I miss my daily harbor and beach walks. I can do small, casual strolls like shopping, etc., but it's not the same.

Once a week I have acupuncture treatment, which will continue through twelve weeks for a singleton or twenty weeks for twins. When reviewing my numbers, Dr. Lee thought the possibility of twins is very likely. Tuesday will tell!

Today is a bitter sweet day. I am so thankful and already love our new little one(s). This day also marks one year of learning we lost our angel baby. I am trying to focus on our bright future while honoring the one we lost. Forever in our hearts, loved and never forgotten.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me so very happy, Jenn. SO very happy. What a year it's been for you. Hopefully Tuesday will bring you pure poetry.

    ReplyDelete