Today we had two ten weeks appointments, one with Dr. A the RE, and one with Dr. M the OB. This was a pretty good day and all thoughts are positive as we approach the time frame of our loss last year.
The first appointment with the RE was a great routine ultrasound and blood work appointment. Baby A is measuring 10 week and 2 days and Baby B had a growth spurt measuring 10 weeks 4 days! I have two more weekly appointments and we graduate! I also get to stop the PIO shots and estrogen patches on Sunday. Surely something to celebrate - I foresee a great steak dinner at fabulous restaurant.
The second appointment was with my OB, whom I just love. He has the sweetest demeanor about him that just makes everything wonderful. Dr. M was so excited to see us and even more surprised at the news of twins. He had us schedule our NT Scan two weeks from today. We are also going to be seeing a perinatologist every four weeks for ultrasounds.
Dr. M also went into detail as to what to expect in a twin pregnancy at 'my age' - damn I hate that I get those talks. I will not be allowed to go past 38 weeks, so looks like July 18th is my going to be my target due date. But he also mentioned it is unlikely that I would even make it to 38 weeks. We just want the babies to be healthy, of course.
Dr. M also said that if I do have any preterm issues that I can expect to be out of work the end of March. Woah. Of course, no one wants this to happen, but we need to be prepared. I am trying to figure out how to discuss this with my boss. We are a small company and I deal with the finances and client budgets, etc. I am the only one who does my job. I don't see this being easily accepted by my boss. I am not sure how to approach the subject, but the truth is we need to have someone trained and ready should this occur.


The babies are looking great! I'm so glad that you are feeling hopeful and optimistic about the future!
ReplyDelete